Having a good task system where you take advantage of task management tools and task tracking software will infinitely simplify your daily workflow. Even independent workers and contractors could use a handy visualization of what they need to do in order to best plan each moment of their busy work day.
Todo lists online are not just for project managers and their teams, either. Everyone has a daily schedule and a list of things to do. Therefore, we could all use some sort of task organizer to help us get by.
This article will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best task management software and other similar project management apps. The best planner apps will help you stay organized, provide micro and macro points-of-view of your workflow, identify delays and problem areas, and keep everyone on the same page.
Quickly Compare & Evaluate The 10 Best Task Manager Tools
It’s hard to pick the number one best to do list tool, which is why we’ve instead given you a range of options in our top 10 compilation. Read about our final picks below.
The Best Task Management App List
Here’s a shortlist of the best organization apps:
1. monday.com – Award-winning, intuitive planning tool with task management, project tracker, collaboration features, and workflow automation.
2. Wrike – A task app with the ability to set priorities, align goals, and manage resources across your organization.
3. Remember the Milk – A task tracker oriented towards businesses and individuals alike with the ability to connect to Google Drive and DropBox.
4. Todoist – A task management system with features like a favorites list, sections and subtasks, priority flagging, and more.
5. Tasklog – A robust to do list app that also takes care of time and expense tracking and other much-needed project management features.
6. Sendtask – Task manager software with a focus on collaboration and communication, as seen by their easy onboarding and sharing features.
7. Things – A task manager app by Cultured Code that is both aesthetically pleasing and easy to use for any non-tech staff.
8. Casual – A tasks app with a visual project and process management style that lets you arrange your task blocks as you see fit.
9. Basecamp Personal – A simple task list app that that is perfect for freelancers, students, families, and personal projects.
10. Asana – A team task management app that lets you organize items as a list, timeline, board, and more—all with easy drag-and-drop functionality.
To Do List Software FAQ
If you are just getting started with to do list software, you might benefit from reading our general FAQ:
What is task management software?
Task management software is any digital tool that helps you plan, track, and complete a unit of work. Task management software will often help list, test, expense, and otherwise organize a given task or subtask. Task management software will also show dependencies between tasks so you know in what order things need to be done.
Are there any task manager alternatives?
Sure! If you aren’t a fan of fancy apps or high tech solutions, you can A) use a simple, common app like Asana, Trello, or Basecamp, or B) rely on generic programs with note-taking and organization functions like Google Sheets, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel. These require more manual input from the user, though.
Not looking for a simple online to do list? Check out our other lists of top project and task management tools:
- Before you have tasks, you need a plan. If you struggle to flesh out the initial details of your projects, try these 10 Best Mind Mapping Software options.
- Many task management tools come with some sort of time tracking. If you are using one that doesn’t, you will probably want to invest in Time Tracking Tools of your own.
- Not getting through enough tasks in a day? You might be in need of a Productivity App to give you a mental boost and identify bottlenecks.
Other Task Apps
Here’s a few more that didn’t make the top list. If you need additional suggestions for handy task management apps, check these out.
- Zoho Projects
What Do You Think About Our Best Task Manager App Selection?
Have you tried out any todo lists software listed above? What is the best todo list app in your opinion? What do you look for in your personal “best task app” and why? Be sure to let us know in the comments below.