10 Best Visual Project Management Software Comparison
The best project management system is one that functions well and looks good while doing it. That’s why I’ve compiled some of the best visual project management software here and outlined what it does best for users.
Adding visual flare to a project or task can help you quickly assess where you stand. For example, if you’re late on a deliverable you want a visual project management software that screams “There is an issue here!” using graphics or bold color schemes. Everything will be easier for you and your team to read so that you can spend less time hunting for information and more time making moves.
Portfolio management is another aspect of PM software that can benefit from a strong visual approach. After all, every item in your portfolio most likely has its own style and feel and your records should show that. Your project team will appreciate having more than a block of text to define their projects, milestones, and schedules.
This article will compare and evaluate the best visual project management solutions and highlight ways in which they can amplify your workflow management.
Key Visual PM Software Features
- Drag-and-drop visual organization
- Colored labels (ex. for due dates or project status/project progress)
- Picture uploads
- File previews
- Client dashboards
- Gantt Charts and/or Kanban Boards
- Visual gamification of collaboration tools
- Sticky notes or other note-taking
- Think Charts and flows for project planning
Visual Project Management Software Comparison Criteria
What am I looking for when we select visual work management software for review? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): Is it clean and attractive on a web browser as well as any mobile app? Is real-time data and reporting displayed in a pleasing, easy-to-read way? Is the dashboard customizable, to appeal to different visual preferences?
- Usability: Is it easy to learn and master? Does the company offer good tech support, user support, tutorials, and training? Can team members of various technological backgrounds onboard easily? Does it come with an iOS or Android app?
- Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools? Any pre-built integrations? Does it connect with whatever project management tool you may already use in your day-to-day? Does it connect to image storage systems like Google Drive?
- Value for $: How appropriate is the price for the features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent and flexible?
This site is reader-supported. When you click through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Visual Project Management Solutions
Here’s a brief description of each of the visual project management software that is featured on this list.
Other Visual Project Management Options
Here are a few more that didn’t make the top list. If you need additional suggestions for handy visual PM apps, check these out.
- Teamwork – Great free plan for small businesses that need a visual approach.
- ProWorkflow – Great for visualizing resource management.
- Hive – Great for visual time tracking & timesheets for projects.
- Process Street – Great for aesthetic project timelines.
- Mavenlink – Great for building roadmaps.
- Forecast.app – Great for visually appealing invoicing documents.
- TeamGantt – Great for Gantt charts and other planning.
- Project Insight – Great for appealing analysis reports.
- Acuity PPM – Great customer support resources.
- Genius Project – Great for easy, visual project tracking.
- Bubble – Great as an intuitive, easy-to-use visual PM tool.
- Airfocus – Great for scalability, large or small teams.
- Asana – Great for simple task management.
- Jira – Great for agile workflows.
- Trello – Great for Kanban board task lists.
- Odoo – Great for open source PM that still looks good.
- Scrumwise – Great eye-catching SCRUM software.
- Microsoft Project – Great for integration with MS software like Powerpoint.
What Do You Think About These Visual PM Tools?
Have you tried out any visual project management apps listed above? Is there a SAAS visual project management tool that you would add to this list? Sound off in the comments.
If you’re still looking, find other types of project management software and overviews in this article.