Hybrid Roles And The Future Of DPMing
Many modern delivery models remove the role of a project manager in favor of scrum masters, product owners, or new hybrid roles that empower leaner, more self-managing teams. So, what does this mean for digital project managers, and how can you avoid risk and safeguard your career?
Join DPM Experts Rebecca Germond and Galen Low to get insights and answers to your questions about hybrid DPM roles, the future of DPMing, and how to stay one step ahead of change.
Points of interest
- 13:55 – introducing the theme
- 14:34 – What is a hybrid project manager?
- 18:10 – What are the most common PM hybrid roles?
- 27:20 – What are the biggest challenges facing a hybrid project manager?
- 33:35 – What roles should NOT be hybridized? And why not?
- 41:56 – What are some red flags to look out for that show our hybrid PM roles aren’t working?
- 48:15 – Off-topic: aggregating items across 30+ repos into a single Kanban board
- 54:12 – What has your experience been with hybrid PM roles? What’s good? What sucks?