The DPM Experts Solutions Bar
Sometimes the best solutions are a combination of multiple perspectives. In that spirit, we put together a panel of our DPM Experts to give their unique take on a series of project management challenges that you put in front of us.
The format is what we’re referring to as a “DPM Expert Solutions Bar”. We start with some rapid-fire solutions to common PM challenges, and then we get into discussing specific challenges from the audience.
Did watching this inspire a challenge that you want us to cover? Post it here in the “What is your biggest challenge these days” thread in the DPM Forum!
Points of interest
- 0:00 – Requisite housekeeping and jibber jabber : )
- 9:38 – Introducing today’s Experts
- 12:50 – What’s your best advice for PMs who are the only one of their kind in their organization?
- 19:19 – How do you minimize the number of meetings but also keep people still on track with their work?
- 29:50 – Aside: is anyone currently working for a completely asynchronous, remote-first organization where there are almost no meetings?
- 35:46 – What do you do when an account manager promises the client something that is really not so feasible timeline-wise before checking in with the PM resources?
- 43:29 – COMMERCIAL BREAK!
- 46:52 – How do you get people to follow process?
- 59:30 – Closing remarks / PM t-shirt ideas