This article will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best GoToMeeting alternatives and other online meeting software.
Is GoToMeeting (GTM) not working for you as a web conferencing tool anymore? It happens! Users regularly outgrow whatever platform they started on and move on to bigger, better solutions.
In this post, I’ll talk a bit about the process of finding a GoToMeeting replacement and compare GTM to different video conference software before giving my suggestion for the best GoToMeeting alternative.
GoToMeeting Alternatives: Comparison Criteria
What do I look for when I select the best GoToMeeting alternatives? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): Is it clean and attractive?
- Usability: Is it easy to learn and master? Does the company offer good tech support, user support, tutorials, and training?
- Key Features: Does the tool offer all the basic features that you would have access to with GoToMeeting, like one-click meetings, turnkey room equipment, business webinar tools, user diagnostics reports, an admin center, and voice commands?
- Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools? Any pre-built integrations?
- Value for $: How appropriate is the price for the features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent and flexible?
What Is GoToMeeting?
GoToMeeting is a web meeting tool that allows users to join, host, or manage a video, audio, or web meeting from a conference room, their office desk, or a remote location via your Mac, PC, or mobile device.
The GoToMeeting cost varies depending on the subscription plan you need; the GoToMeeting attendee limit may encourage you to upgrade your plan if you are finding you don’t have enough room. $16.25/month for the Professional Plan will allow 150 participants, while the $21.67/month price tag for the Business Plan opens it up to 250 users. GoToMeeting pricing for enterprises (up to 3000 participants) is provided upon request by contacting the company’s sales team.
GoToWebinar vs GoToMeeting
If you’re looking to host a meeting with 500, 1000 or even 3000 participants you’ll want to check out GoToWebinar. GoToWebinar works as more of an online presentation stage, as opposed to the GoToMeeting ecosystem which is designed for all those logged-in to collaborate.
GoToMeeting reviews hover around 7.9/10 according to TrustRadius, 4.5/5 per Capterra, and PCMag gave them a 4/5. GoToMeeting features include Event Management tools, flexible scheduling, webinar templates, custom registration, and your own channel page.
Further Reading: what is a webinar and how do they work?
Some noteworthy GoToMeeting pros are that the dashboard reveals exactly what your users see, preventing confusion or error, and how easy the tool makes it to provide users with a permanent meeting URL that can be reused. GoToMeeting cons include mobile login limitations (it can be quite complicated, particularly if you’re on-the-go), and that GoToMeeting limits who has administrative powers to create, change, and launch meetings.
Common GoToMeeting Problems
Common GoToMeeting problems that users experience include:
- A lack of advanced collaborative meeting features like polling or whiteboard/notes
- GoToMeeting troubleshooting around connection issues and audio problems
- Inability to change a meeting when the original meeting owner is away/unavailable
This all being said, GoToMeeting may not be the best meeting solution for you and your team. If that’s the case, the following alternatives are always an option.
The Digital Project Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The Top 10 GoToMeeting Alternatives
Here’s a brief description of each of the video conferencing tools that are featured on this top 10 list.
Livestorm is a web-based communication and conferencing platform that enables teams to create a complete video communication strategy.
The tool is geared towards marketing, sales, customer success, or HR teams, and allows teams to create online events for their audiences. Livestorm can accommodate meetings, webinars, conferences, online training courses, podcast interviews, product demos, and more.
The tool is browser-based and teams can access it from a variety of devices. Other notable features include the ability to create custom landing pages; send promotional emails and reminders; host engaging online events with integrated chat, polls, and Q & A functionalities; and analyze event performance through an advanced analytics dashboard.
Livestorm offers a free plan that includes limited functionality, and paid plans start at €89 (~$108 USD).
- Can be used on desktop and mobile without download
- Advanced dashboard with features for promoting, hosting, and analyzing events
- Integrates with a variety of apps including HubSpot, Salesforce, Pipedrive, and more
- Performance is dependent on a stable internet connection
- Price point is higher than others on this list
Summary Of The Best GoToMeeting Alternative Options
With so many options for alternatives to GoToMeeting out there, we created this comparison chart to help you quickly scan and evaluate the options listed above.
The chart includes pricing and information on the availability of free trials.
Other GoToMeeting Alternative Options
Here’s a few more that didn’t make the top list. If you need additional suggestions for a handy online meeting app, check these out. Additionally, we have other resources for if you are more looking for screen sharing software.
- Ryver – Unimited voice and video calls with call tools that include one-click connection, high-quality audio, and screen sharing.
- GlobalMeet Collaboration – A no-download video conferencing solution with a freemium plan that allows up to 125 participants and HD video.
- Whereby – An easy-to-use video meetings tool that works right in your browser of choice with a free plan that allows 1 user and 1 meeting room.
- Livestorm – A complete, simple video communications toolbox with no downloads, plugins, or add-ons needed.
- Lifesize – This free GoToMeeting alternative allows instant video calls with your team right from your phone or browser.
- BlueJeans – Builds meeting highlights and transcription plus live meeting analytics and alerts.
- Zoom – Host up to 100 video participants and an unlimited number of meetings with their free plan.
- TeamViewer – Logged and indexed team messaging, face-to-face HD VoIP video, audio calling, and group meetings.
- Zoho Meeting – Deliver presentations, record sessions, download reports, host webinars, and more.
- Pexip – Dynamic video collaboration to schedule and host meetings instantly on any device.
- Flock – Video call directly from within a chat or channel and share your screen to get into details.
What Do You Think About These GoToMeeting Alternatives?
Have you tried out any web conferencing software listed above? Do you have an alternative to GoToMeeting that you would recommend? Let us know in the comments below.