In the PMI’s Pulse of the Profession survey in 2019, nearly 80% of organizations had undergone a significant transformation using disruptive technology—but only 25% of those said that they had realized benefits in line with their original goals.
It’s no secret: finding and using the right technologies to turn our organization’s strategy into successful execution is not easy.
To help other project professionals understand more about the technologies available to us this year, I’ve done some research on the top project management systems offering enterprise tools, and I selected the top 10 options for enterprise project management.
I’ve written about other types of project manager software before, including a handful of portfolio management tools that will be useful for you to check out, but in this post, I focus specifically on the best systems for enterprise management. My goal is to help enterprise managers compare the best enterprise project management software so that you can better align your business priorities with the key advantages that the tools offer in order to find the best fit.
In this post, I’ll share with you what works for EPM project management and highlight a few of the top project management software options that can help. Additionally, I will provide a simple comparison between some of the best online project management software for enterprise task management in particular.
In particular, I will compare Project Management software that caters best to large- or mid-sized enterprises.
What is Enterprise Project Management Software?
First of all, what is enterprise project management? EPM meaning: A field of organizational development that helps larger businesses adapt to change and maintain current systems that help create a portfolio of current and future projects. EPM software is any kind of digital tool that caters to these needs.
For example, it might include software functions that help to manage one of more projects or programs or to manage and monitor assets. This software aims to structure and navigate both small and large projects at an enterprise level through features such as file sharing, internal messaging, calendars, and PPM tools.
What Should I Look For In EPM Software As A Large Business?
Enterprise projects require a system that can handle processes large and small all across the company. This might require project management tools like file sharing, messaging apps, calendars and scheduling, and project portfolio management. However, your software should always be tailored to the unique needs of your company and teams.
For example, multi-project management software will help with any large-size business hoping to expand their client and customer base. PMO software like this will help you keep track of customer issues, contact details, sales leads, and anything else important to maintaining profitable relationships.
Whatever you choose, you’ll need something that: A) can handle the amount of full-time employees and contractors that you manage, B) appeals to all of your varying departments and teams who will need to use it, C) takes into mind that certain users will have different levels of comfortability with technology, and D) aligns with whatever company goals you have in mind.
What Should I Look For In EPM Software As A Mid-Sized Business?
As a mid-sized business, you have more flexibility in what EPM software you need. For example, you may need a full software suite catering to billing and invoicing if you have a lot of clients and contractors, but you may not need to focus your efforts on company-wide communication software if your departments and mostly siloed. Figure out what is important to you and invest in that.
For instance, visual project management software can help you if you need to communicate detailed plans, reports, and data in a visual way that can be understood as easily by experts as by casual observers. This can be helpful if you specialize in data dissemination or thought leadership in your field.
Whatever you choose, you’ll need something that: A) caters to the number of employees you currently have, B) works with whatever legacy software you already have in play, C) is scalable in the event of immense growth, and D) aligns with internal company goals.
The Best Enterprise Level Software for Project Management Solutions:
Here’s a shortlist of the best enterprise program management tools:
1. monday.com – Award-winning, intuitive planning tool with kanban boards, project tracker, collaboration features, and workflow automation.
2. Wrike – A Cloud-based collaboration and project management software used by over 20,000 companies worldwide with a focus on visibility, planning, and workflow management.
3. Project Insight – A work management software that helps to maximize work efficiencies by leveraging automation and data aggregation from the likes of Jira, Zendesk, DevOps, QuickBooks, and more.
4. ITM Platform – Project, program and portfolio management software that helps you to control project financials and use real-time information to report how projects are performing.
5. KeyedIn – An agile cloud-based software incorporating project portfolio management, professional automation services, and enterprise resource planning perfect for mid-to-large sized companies.
6. Clarizen – An enterprise collaborative work management solution with features such as multiple boards, customizable fields, progress tracking, scrum methodology, public APIs, and more.
7. LiquidPlanner – A project management software containing smart scheduling, resource management, cross-project visibility, contextual collaboration, time and budget tracking, and advanced analytics.
8. Deltek Vision – Enterprise-grade project and portfolio management that provides cost management, scalable scheduling, robust risk evaluation tools, planning and scheduling, and more.
9. Genius Project – Project management software either cloud-based or on-premise that offers easy deployment, flexible configuration, app integration options, enterprise-grade security, and more.
10. Changepoint – Strategic project portfolio management software that enables real-time visibility across enterprise resources, projects, capacity and technology.
What Do You Think About Our List of Enterprise Work Management Software?
Have you tried out any program management software listed above? What do you think about these enterprise organization Project Management software reviews? Is there anything you would add to the list? Let us know in the comments below.