Below, we compare the best marketing resource management software for 2021.
With this information, I hope that you’ll find the marketing resource management software that’s best for you, your team, and your budget.
In addition to a list of the best software solutions, there’s a detailed overview of features, screenshots, and use cases.
I also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about MRM software. This information will help you make an informed and confident decision, ensuring that you choose the best software the first time around.
Marketing Resource Management Software Comparison Criteria
What do I look for when I select the best marketing resource management software? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): Is it attractive? Is it easy to navigate from section to section and task to task?
- Usability: Is it easy to learn? Is it simple to train new marketing team members and marketing departments on how to use it? Does it allow you to easily track your marketing activities and digital marketing campaigns?
- Integrations: Are there any pre-built integrations to software you are already using, like marketing project management software? Does the tool provide access to templates?
- Value for $: What do you get in exchange for your investment? Is the pricing structure clear and flexible?
Marketing Resource Management Software Key Features
- Apps and integrations: With the right apps and integrations, you can customize marketing resource management software to meet your specific requirements. Popular integrations include those for project management software (Asana and Trello), calendars (Google Calendar), and productivity apps (Slack).
- Visualization: The ability to visualize your marketing team’s workload allows you to more efficiently plan projects, monitor progress, and more. For example, you can track team member progress in each stage.
- Forecasting: Resource forecasting will save you time and money while eliminating the stress of not knowing what comes next.
- Reporting: It doesn’t matter if you’re sharing reports with other team members, a supervisor, or stakeholders, clear and consistent reporting can help. Reports can include budget data such as budget disbursed or remaining budget, as well as personnel associated with each project.
The Digital Project Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Marketing Resource Management Software
Here’s a brief description of each of the marketing resource management software on my list, showing what it does best, screenshots of top features, and more.
SAS is a marketing resource management software that can fit the needs of both small and large teams. The planning features are excellent, and include tools such as analytics tools, artificial intelligence (AI) guidance tools, and tools for cross-team & cross-application collaboration.
SAS starts at $8,700 per license.
MARMIND is an all-in-one solution for marketing resource management. Core functionalities belong to one of three categories: planning, organization, and monitoring. The centralized dashboard provides access to your to-do list, task status, content management system, and automated email reports.
MARMIND costs from $1,200/month for five users.
Shopperations is a MRM software built for retail and brand marketers, with a focus on budgeting. The tool includes robust budget monitoring and management features, including breakdowns by brand, budget type, and designation. Also helpful is the tool’s ability to allocate and track funds by brand or product.
Shopperations has customized pricing that is available upon request.
Meisterplan assists with all aspects of project portfolio management and capacity planning. Its tools allow you to effectively manage the present and plan for the future. This is in addition to advanced features—such as a resource monitor—that assist with understanding the impact of changes to marketing operations.
Meisterplan costs from $719/month and has a free trial.
Widen Collective facilitates content creation and makes it easy to bring your content together, organize it, and deliver it to market. Widen Collective’s workflow feature connects the online proofing and approval process to your digital asset management (DAM) system for marketing assets and brand assets. This allows your entire team to proof content, annotate, and gather team feedback.
Widen Collective pricing starts at $20,000/year.
It’s critical to have a clear overview of marketing performance at all times, and that’s what you get with Oracle NetSuite. In addition to easy-to-use reporting tools, there’s access to real-time analytics for tracking performance. Also, there’s an endless number of configurations to help customize the software to fit your workflow.
Oracle NetSuite costs from $999/month with access costs of $99 per user/month.
Monday may be the best solution for beginners, but it’s designed for users of all experience levels. The class-leading user interface allows you to easily streamline resource management, such as by status, manager, location, and timeframe. There’s also a simple to use comment management system for in-app communication.
Monday costs from $24/month and has a free trial.
Float doesn’t have one “standout” feature but instead does everything well. It’s basic in form and function, but powerful enough to plan resources, track progress, and communicate with personnel. For example, there’s a color coded calendar for easily visualizing your team’s schedule.
Float costs from $6/month per person and has a free trial.
Bynder’s Creative Workflow features enable teams to efficiently collaborate, speed up the publication process, and maximize results. You can streamline employee requests, review progress, and analyze efficiency all from an easy-to-navigate dashboard.
Bynder costs from $450/month.
Allocadia is designed for budget owners who need an easier way to allocate and manage budget with the goal of targeted spending and a higher ROI. By connecting investment and returns data, you’ll always know what’s working and what’s not from a budget perspective.
Allocadia costs from $99 per user/month and has a free trial.
Summary Of 10 Best Marketing Resource Management Software
It’s easy to be overwhelmed by the baffling array of marketing project management software tools out there. Below, we’ve put together a reader-friendly table neatly summarizing basic info about the tools described in this article. We’ve investigated the pricing and availability of free trials and demo versions for you to make a side-by-side comparison that much simpler.
Other Marketing Resource Management Software Options
Here are a few more that didn’t make the top list:
- 10,000ft by Smartsheet
- Adobe Campaign
- MRP Prelytix
- IntelligenceBank Digital Asset Management
- SAP Marketing Cloud
- CampaignDrive by Pica9
- Infor Marketing Resource Management
- Ontrack Workflow
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Marketing Resource Management Solution?
- Improve marketing ROI: With the right MRM solution in place, there’s a greater chance of improving your marketing return on investment (ROI).
- Flexibility: The best MRM systems are flexible, thus allowing you to create a system that works best for you and your team.
- Tech support: With a DIY approach to marketing resource management, you don’t have access to tech support or customer service. But when you choose a software application, there are people dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience.
How Do You Compare MRM Software?
- Features: No two solutions have the same feature list, so this is a good place to begin your comparison. From content management to marketing automation, there are features for every team or user.
- Price: You’re seeking a better workflow and a way to automate tasks, but only if it fits into your budget. Compare software solutions with your monthly and annual budget in mind.
- Usability: Marketers don’t want to spend hours on end learning how to use a new software application. For this reason, most solutions are user-friendly, but remember, some will suit you better than others.
What Do You Think About These Marketing Resource Management Software?
What are your thoughts on the best marketing resource management software for 2021? Do you have any experience with the above marketing and project management tools? Would you add others to this list? How can these help you with strategic planning?
Share your thoughts and feedback in the comment section below, and sign up for our newsletter for the latest insights from top thinkers in the digital project management niche. Join our membership program — we’re a fast-growing community of digital project managers leading change in the field.