This list will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best digital asset management software (often called a DAM).
If you ever find yourself thinking, “I know we had that file a year or so ago that we could use for this project—if only I could find it…” then you should think about getting a DAM. It’s a system for storing and managing digital assets that can speed up production and ensure you’re using the most appropriate file for your projects.
In this post I’ll:
The Digital Asset Management Software List
Digital asset management software allows users to store and organize files and protect their assets from being stolen. DAM software can improve project workflow and help with common project challenges. All your files are in one place, no more spending hours looking for that one image buried in the recesses of a hard drive.
- Widen Collective
- Canto Digital Asset Management
The Digital Project Manager is reader-supported. When you click through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Not looking for digital asset management software? Check out our other lists of top software to manage teams, resources, and projects:
- Having trouble keeping all your digital projects on track? Try our project scheduling software recommendations to help stay organized.
- Managing large teams can be a headache. Try our resource scheduling software recommendations to make sure everyone has what they need.
- Focus on what’s important and get more done each day by taking a look at our productivity app reviews.
Do I Need A Digital Asset Manager?
I’ll answer that question with three more questions. Do you…
…manage creative teams?
…work on a decentralized team?
…work with multiple vendors, clients, or partners?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these three questions, you could likely benefit from digital asset management software. Here are some of the benefits it can provide:
9 Best Digital Asset Management Software Overviews
- Widen Collective – Cloud-based digital asset management program with a centralized library to manage photographs, videos, and audio.
- Wedia – Allows for custom workflow approval and prevents license misuse, and comes with useful training materials like a knowledge base and video tutorials.
- MediaBeacon – Modular digital asset management software that’s easy to scale and highly configurable for any business.
- Amplifi.io – Simplifies the digital asset management process with an intuitive UI and an AI software that reduces the need for manual metadata tagging.
- Libris – Cost-effective cloud-based digital asset manager that automatically adds and saves metadata.
- MediaValet – Compatible with creative software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and more, automatically syncing work in progress to the cloud.
- Brandfolder – Fully customizable digital asset manager for businesses of all sizes and industries.
- Bynder – Digital asset management software designed to increase productivity for distributed teams by storing files in a centralized, searchable database.
- Canto Digital Asset Management – DAM software with Image recognition software that suggests tags and smart albums that sort content by file type.
The Best Asset Management Summary
|pricing on request||Check out Widen Collective|
|free demo||pricing on request||Check out Wedia|
|free demo||pricing on request||Check out MediaBeacon|
|free demo||pricing on request||Check out Amplifi.io|
|–||pricing on request||Check out Libris|
|pricing on request||Check out MediaValet|
|free demo||pricing on request||Check out Brandfolder|
|pricing on request||Check out Bynder|
|pricing on request||Check out Canto|
Free Digital Asset Management Software
Several DAM software companies offer a free version of their software with some features restricted. Here’s a brief list of DAM software you can try for free.
Other Digital Asset Management Software
There’s a few more DAM options that I haven’t had the chance to fully review, but check these out if the above aren’t making the cut:
Want Help Narrowing Down the Options?
This tool is pretty useful. We’ve partnered with Crozdesk to give you access to their “Software Finder”. If you input some of the details about your project and the features you’re looking for in a project management tool, it will generate a list of tools that match your preferences. You provide your email, and they send over a nice PDF guide with a summary of your best matches.
What’s Your Favorite Digital Asset Management Software?
In the modern age, managing digital assets is a big part of managing projects. The above are some suggestions but, as always, not a comprehensive list. What tools or software do you use for creative project management? I’d love to see your suggestions in the comments.