More and more teams are using remote workers on their team, which can put a strain on communication without the right video conferencing software and other comms tools. This particularly disadvantages to those who are not based in the office, as they might miss out on the benefits of being in the room.
Contingent workers are a valuable asset and 88% of hiring managers report increasing comfortability with installing remote workers in even more senior positions. As hybrid teams become more common, there is a need for the right communication and collaboration tools that can bring people together.
According to the Owl Labs State of Video Conferencing 2019 report, video conference meetings are the preferred method of communication when in-person meet-ups are not possible. That means that video conferencing is now the favored method of communication over email, instant messaging, and phone calls.
This article will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best web conferencing software and other meeting apps. In this post, I’ll discuss how teleconferencing tools can amplify your meetings, webinars, and presentations. I’ll highlight some of the best webinar conferencing software and outline what makes them stand out. I will also answer some FAQs about online meetings and how they can help your team.
Quickly Compare & Evaluate The 10 Best Web Conferencing Tools
Video conference tools connect people, no matter where in the world they are. As workspaces become less traditional, you can use this technology to connect people without needing to physically be in the same room.
The Best Video Conference Software and Hardware
Here’s a shortlist of the best online meeting tools:
Video Conferencing Software
- Google Hangouts
- Skype for Business
- Microsoft Teams
- Adobe Connect
- Cisco Webex
- GlobalMeet Collaboration
Video Conferencing Hardware
- Poly G7500
- Logitech Group Video Conferencing Bundle
- Poly Studio
- Logitech Meetup
- Logitech ConferenceCam Connect
- Logitech Conference Cam
- Owl Labs
- Logitech Brio Webcam
Teleconferencing Software FAQ
What is video conferencing software?
Video conference software is a type of technology that helps launch and host video-based communication between multiple parties. They may include file sharing capabilities, an online video recorder, messaging systems, and other communication-based tools.
What is video conferencing equipment?
In order to host or participate in a video conference, you will need a set of video conferencing equipment. The equipment needed will depend on the type of video conference you want (number of participants, type of video stream, et cetera). Common video conferencing equipment includes a webcam, headset, microphone, a broadband connection, monitor or TV display, and your choice of web conferencing software.
What are some alternatives to Skype?
Skype is one of the more well-known video conferencing tools but it’s not the only one available. You can also try these alternatives to Skype: Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect, Cisco Webex, Join.me, Ryver, and more.
What is the best free online meeting software?
Working on a tight budget? Here are some free teleconferencing tools you can rely on: Google Hangouts, Zoom (free plan), Skype, Free Conference Calling, GoToMeeting (free), Apple FaceTime, UberConference, TrueConf Online, Appear.in, Slack Video Calls, Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and more.
Not looking for video chat apps? Check out our other lists of top project management tools:
- Video call apps aren’t the only way to keep in touch with partners, teammates, and clients. There are many different Communication Tools that you can use.
- Collaborative tools are important – but is it time to move away from Basecamp? Try these 10 Basecamp Alternatives to shake things up.
- Below, you’ll see that we outline Microsoft Teams as a solid choice for conference call software. If you’re already in the Microsoft ecosystem, check out Planner as well.
Overviews of the Best Online Meeting Software and Hardware
Here’s a brief description of each of the video conference tools that are featured on this top 10 list.
1. Google Hangouts – Free video conferencing software that can be initiated one-on-one or in a larger group, for desktop and mobile.
2. Skype for Business – Use the desktop app, mobile app, or web browser version of Skype to easily video chat online with a client or group.
3. Microsoft Teams – Web meeting software with video calling, text chat, file sharing, and more.
4. Adobe Connect – Video calling tools with a focus on digital training, webinar, and collaboration experiences with familiar Adobe UX.
5. uMeeting – Virtual meeting software that focuses on streamlining invitation tools, mobile connection, interruption muting, and more.
6. Cisco Webex – Video conferencing with easy by-link invites and personal profiles so you can learn about the people you are calling in real-time.
7. Join.me – Webinar software with a personalized chatroom URL, customizable background, and other details to broadcast your brand.
8. Ryver – Unlimited voice and video calls with call tools that include one-click connection, high quality audio, screen sharing, and more.
9. GlobalMeet Collaboration – A no-download video conferencing solution with a freemium plan that allows up to 125 participants and HD video.
10. Whereby – An easy-to-use video meetings tool that works right in your browser of choice with a free plan that allows 1 user and 1 meeting room.
11. Poly G7500 – Share content wirelessly from any device and enhance presentations with content annotation and digital whiteboarding.
12. Logitech Group Video Conferencing Bundle – An audio/video conferencing bundle with HD video camera, speakerphone and expansion mics.
13. Poly Studio – Featuring a 4K Ultra-HD camera, 120 field of view, 5x zoom, and a 6-element beamforming microphone array with 12ft pickup range.
14. Logitech Meetup – A 120-degree field of view, 3 microphones and a custom-tuned speaker, multiple video resolutions, and more.
15. Logitech ConferenceCam Connect – 90-degree field of view and 360-degree sound optimized for groups of approximately 2-to-6.
16. Logitech Conference Cam – Motorized pan, tilt and zoom, integrated full duplex omni-directional speakerphone with 8-foot range, and more.
17. Owl Labs – 360 Degree, 720p video conference camera that automatically shifts focus to different people in the room when they speak.
18. Logitech Brio Webcam – 4K Ultra HD webcam with 5x digital zoom for recording/video calling that is certified for Skype for Business and Cisco.
Other Video Conferencing Tools Options
Here’s a few more that didn’t make the top list. If you need additional suggestions for the best video call app, check these out.
- Lifesize – Host free and instant video calls with your team right from your phone or browser.
- BlueJeans – Builds meeting highlights and transcription plus live meeting analytics and alerts.
- GoToMeeting – Instantly join, host or manage a video, audio or web meeting from anywhere.
- Zoom – Host up to 100 video participants and an unlimited number of meetings with their free plan.
- TeamViewer – Logged and indexed team messaging, face-to-face HD VoIP video, audio calling, and group meetings.
- Zoho Meeting – Deliver presentations, record sessions, download reports, host webinars, and more.
- Pexip – Dynamic video collaboration to schedule and host meetings instantly on any device.
- Flock – Video call directly from within a chat or channel and share your screen to get into details.
What Do You Think About the Webconference Software and Tools Listed Above?
Meeting face-to-face is invaluable but sometimes it’s just not possible for everyone to be in the same room. Video conference software saves you the time and cost associated with travelling to meet clients.
Check-in more frequently and with ease to ensure projects stay on track. Videoconference and webconference software can orient you meetings, connect your teammates and partners, and keep everyone on the same page.
Have you tried out any web conferencing tools listed above? What video chat app do you prefer, and why? Are we missing anything from our list? Let us know in the comments below.
Our friend and supporter: