Managing Partners & Vendors
But sometimes the biggest opportunity for success is building & strengthening relationships with the professional service providers working alongside us: freelancers, other agencies, or even internal shared services. We often take these alliances for granted—or even begrudge them—however, any misstep with one of them could torpedo your plans and cause a disaster with your clients, partners, stakeholders, and team members.
Join DPM Experts Robyn Birkedal and Galen Low to get insights and answers about managing professional services, vendors, and partners so that your project runs smoothly.
As always, they will also be offering PM advice, tips, and hacks on your current project challenges. So come along with your questions and work out your project challenges with them!
Points of interest
- 13:42 – Introducing the theme
- 14:00 – What do we mean by partners, vendors, and suppliers? What are we talking about?
- 16:46 – Why does building relationships with partners, vendors, and suppliers even matter?
- 21:32 – What matters in partner and vendor relationships?
- 33:26 – How do you manage vendors effectively?
- 46:38 – How would you handle a contract renewal issue in the middle of the project that is impacting timeline and payments
- 50:24 – What is the best partnership-based project you’ve worked on? The worst?
- 55:55 – How do you tackle the estimation process with your partners? How about change orders?