This will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best helpdesk software, including helpdesk ticketing software and IT helpdesk software.
As our workplaces become more interconnected, help desk software is more useful than ever across a wide range of applications. Product teams, development studios, ecommerce companies, and many other types of teams are adopting ticketing systems that streamline the way they handle customer service and IT support.
Quickly Compare & Evaluate The 10 Best Helpdesk Software Solutions
There are two main kinds of servicedesk software: those intended to help your employees and those intended to help your customers. Both are important and, depending on your needs, you may find yourself drawn to tools that address one, the other, or both types. Why do you need IT support software? Improving the “customer journey” has proven to increase revenue up to 15% while also boosting customer satisfaction by around 20%. On the other hand, your internal employees may be losing up to two weeks of work time per year to technology and computer issues.
Knowing this, it’s easy to see the importance of support desk software for your customers, staff or both. A robust IT help desk can help keep your customers happy, help you identify issues and route them to the correct people to resolve them, and help your support team manage their workload.
You might be wondering: Okay, so…what are the top helpdesk software? What does my team need? How can I best make these decisions? While we can’t definitely match every group with the ideal help desk solution, we can give a concise review of the best help desk management software available today.
In this post we’ll:
- Share with you the best service management tools to include on your help desk support software shortlist.
- Explain what IT service desk tools are.
- Explain how service desk software tools can help you streamline customer and/or employee service.
- Answer some FAQs about helpdesk system tools.
- Tell you what you should look for in IT support software tools and our evaluation criteria.
By the end of this article you should have a well-rounded list of some of the best helpdesk software on the market. That way, you can make the best call for your company and your team.
The Best Helpdesk Software List
We’ve searched far and wide to round-up the very best IT help desk software for your consideration. Whether your priorities are a robus ticketing system or a well-rounded help desk solution, I believe there is something out there for everyone.
The Digital Project Manager is reader-supported. When you click through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
Best Helpdesk Software Shortlist
Here’s our top helpdesk software list:
- Jira Service Desk – https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk
- HubSpot Service Hub – https://www.hubspot.com/products/service
- Zoho Desk – https://www.zoho.com/desk/
- Freshservice – https://freshservice.com/
- Manageengine – https://www.manageengine.com/
- Hesk – https://www.hesk.com/
- Freshdesk – https://freshdesk.com/
- Zendesk – https://www.zendesk.com/
- DoneDone – https://www.donedone.com/
- Solar Winds – https://www.samanage.com/
Helpdesk Software Comparison Criteria
What criteria do we use to determine the best IT help desk software? What does it mean to have support desk software that stands a cut above the rest? How do we evaluate help desk ticket systems in our ticketing system comparison?
We like to be completely transparent in our evaluation methods so we have broken down the who, what, where, why, and how for you here.
- User Interface (UI): How well-designed is the support desk software? Does it offer clear displays and intuitive navigation? Is it aesthetically pleasing or all-business? Who does the UI cater to and do they succeed in addressing their target user?
- Usability: Is this easy to learn and master? Are there tutorials and training? What tech and user support is offered by the software company?
- Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools? Any pre-built integrations? How many different integrations are available and how easy (or costly) are they to implement?
- Value for $: How much does it cost? Are there different tiers? What features do you have access to at each stage?
- Features & Functionality: How many of the key helpdesk software features and functions does it provide, and how powerful are they? Specifically, I looked for:
- Multi-Channel Ticketing System: Tools should have a robust ticket management software. They should streamline tickets from multiple sources so you can communicate across channels (email, phone, etc) from one place. It should help you manage this stream tickets by providing the ability to automatically tag, categorize, prioritize and assign incoming tickets from any channel. Help desk ticketing system comparison between product tiers.
- Collaboration: Tools should keep users informed of ticket owners, statuses, responses and priorities to help sync your team efforts.
- Automations: Helpdesk systems should offer the ability to set time-based and event-based triggers, as well as custom workflows with automations that route tickets to the right user for the best response.
- Reporting and Analytics: The helpdesk system should offer configurable dashboards that display key helpdesk data as well as live reporting to get a bird’s eye view of current operations.
- Knowledge Management System: ITSM utilizes a repository of previously resolved problems. Could be a public customer self-service website, or an internal repository for customer service reps and technicians. Should incorporate advanced search technologies (such as auto-suggest) to help users find answers quickly.
- Self-service: This includes things like product documentation, downloadable patches, and forums or user communities that help customers solve their problems. Tools should provide a way to submit issues when customers can’t resolve through self-service.
Other Helpdesk Software
Not keen on any of the above resources? You’re in luck. There are always dozens of other IT support software and helpdesk tools clattering for your business. The helpdesk software options below are just a few of your options but a little bit of digging is sure to uncover more. Don’t be afraid to spend time on research and development. You only want to settle for the tool that is absolutely right for you and your team.
- ChangeGear — The ChangeGear Service Management Platform has three package options, depending on your business needs, with a focus on process modules, automation and user experience.
- TeamSupport — B2B helpdesk software that totes an ability to cut costs and increase user satisfaction, and with the option of future scalability.
- Salesforce Service Cloud — Salesforce works as your “command center” with a focus on CRM while navigating sales, marketing, customer service and more.
- SysAid — Used by Bacardia, Coca Cola and The Guardian, SysAid is recognized as a vendor landscape award champion by Info?Tech Research Group for its services.
- eHelpDesk — eHelpDesk is a web-based tool for automates processes relating to the management of incidents, problems, changes, configurations and applications.
- TOPdesk — Excellent customer service made easy, as proven by their simple, attractive software and 4000+ customers.
- Dixa — Next-gen customer service software with a unique focus on building “customer friendships” through multiple points-of-contact and engaging communication.
- ServiceDesk Plus — ServiceDesk Plus is a game changer in transforming IT teams from daily fire-fighting to delivering awesome customer service.
- Front App — Free for a 14-day trial, Front brings the power of traditional help desks into your inbox. Ticket management systems never looked so good.
- Alloy Navigator — A cost-conscious solution for small-to-medium sized businesses’ management of Help Desk, computers, software, peripherals and other IT.
- LiveAgent — The most reviewed and #1 rated help desk software for SMB in 2019; seamlessly manage all requests across different support channels.
- LiveHelpNow Suite — Support unlimited brands through a single account and leverage their FAQ dashboard to speed up resolution times.
- LiveChat — LiveChat integrates smoothly with tools you already use to navigate CRM, manage orders and accept payment quickly and hassle free.
- JitBit HelpDesk — A helpdesk ticketing system for the twenty-first century. Tracks support requests and fully integrates with your mailbox.
- HelpCrunch — Their in-app messenger service helps you to track customer data, educate customers, set auto-responses and quickly deal with queries.
- Kayako — Kayako sports a full suite of tools, including live chat, an organized shared inbox, Facebook and Twitter and it fully functional right “out of the box.”
- Agiloft — Agiloft is built to emphasize customer responsiveness by amplifying agent efficiency. They are used everywhere from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
What Do You Think About These Top Help Desk Solutions?
There are plenty of help desk systems to choose from—the real trouble is finding the best one for you. Once you have a list of Must-Haves, you can start narrowing down your choices by comparing it to the selection above.
Is there anything that should be on our list that you think we missed? Do you have personal experience with any of these softwares that you would like to share? Sound off in the comments of this article. We would love to hear from you.