Someone asked me, “How do I manage my team if my team is just sloppy?”
We’ve all been there—you brief your team and then touch base a week later to see the results:
- They got halfway done but didn’t know how to move forward
- They did some work but a lot of it was out of scope
- They completed some things, but not others
So, how do you anticipate your team’s needs so that you’re providing the tools they need to do great work?
In this video, Alexa and I talk about the things you can do to help your team to produce great work.
We talk about using things like:
- Techniques for motivating your team members
- Checklists to help them keep track of their process
- Checkpoints on briefs before moving forward
- Key questions to confirm understanding of tasks
And other ways you can take responsibility for your part in helping your teams do great work!
How To Manage Sloppy Teams
Grow As A Project Manager
In DPM Membership, you’ll get access to great resources about the PM industry and getting started as a PM. We’ve got templates and tools for PMs at every stage of the project management journey.