MoSCoW Mule: Let’s Make A Prioritization Worksheet
Learn to use MoSCoW prioritization in your digital projects
- Understand MoSCoW prioritization and how it works
- Be able to create a prioritization worksheet with weighted values
- Feel confident planning, preparing, and facilitating a prioritization session
- Feel prepared to face prioritization challenges head on
MoSCoW prioritization has saved my skin countless times throughout my career as a project manager. Its sensible and accessible rules have helped me drive stakeholder alignment, rule out risky ideas, and create buy-in for the overarching vision and roadmap for the project… diplomatically!
But it’s not always as easy as it sounds on paper! Why? Because it’s not just about assigning values to decisions—it’s about navigating complex inter-human political dynamics.
So if you’ve ever had a hard time getting people to agree on project decisions, this session is for you.
In this make-shop, we’ll kick things off with a brief talk on MoSCoW prioritization, followed by an interactive exercise where we each build a weighted prioritization worksheet that you can start using on your projects right away.
What you’ll learn
- What MoSCoW prioritization is and how it works
- How to use MoSCoW prioritization in your projects
- The ‘gotchas’ and challenges of MoSCoW prioritization
- How to build a weighted prioritization matrix to drive decision-making
What you’ll be set for
- Making objective-ish decisions diplomatically as a group
- Quantifying and justifying your project decisions
- Limiting high-risk changes to scope
- Turning endless feature request wish lists into clear roadmaps
Let’s build stuff!