Let’s Create A Risk Register Your Team Can Actually Use
A lot of digital teams I know don’t want to have anything to do with a risk register. Actually, a lot of digital PMs I know don’t want to have anything to do with a risk register :P
And yet, arming yourself and your teams with the skills and vernacular to identify, assess, prioritize, and manage project risk is one of the most impactful things
If you’ve been thinking that a risk register and concepts like qualitative or quantitative risk management are too heavy and complicated for your project, this workshop is for you.
We’re going to create a lightweight risk register together that your team will understand and refer to. We’ll first be covering the basics of how to create and use a risk register, and then we’ll dive into a group exercise of identifying common risks on digital projects like web application builds and co-creating risk management strategies. We’ll end off by talking about how to discuss risk management with your team and your stakeholders.
What you’ll learn
- How to create a lightweight risk register for your digital project
- How to identify and assess risks using qualitative and quantitative analysis
- How to use this risk register in your conversations with your team and your stakeholders
What you’ll be set for
- Getting your team to see the benefits of talking about risks.
- Having easier, data-driven conversations about risk with stakeholders.
- Creating a library of common risks for the projects you run.
- Not feeling like you’re running your projects with a blindfold on.