Mini Course: Customizing Your Project Approach
What you’ll learn
- What tailoring means, what a hybrid methodology is and why it matters
- When it’s beneficial to tailor your approach… and when it’s not!
- The steps and the rules of tailoring a methodology
- How to navigate pushback on your hybrid methodology
- How to create your own project methodology playbook
Everyone loves a good heated debate about what project methodology reigns supreme. Just put a Scrum team in a room with a PRINCE2 team, lock the door, and see what happens.
But what do you do when none of the popular methodologies are a glove fit for your project?
The answer is tailoring—the process of adapting and combining methodologies to better suit the constraints of your project, your team, and your organization.
There’s a lot of great material out there on tailoring and creating hybrid methodologies, but this session will be different: DPM Expert Galen Low is going to boil down the ocean of available knowledge into a tight 45-minute session infused with real-world examples and practical tools.
So if you’ve ever wanted to create a hybrid methodology for your projects, but got stopped in your tracks by the stigma of labels like “watergile”, this session is a must-watch.