Process, Operating Margins, Watergile, And More!
We put Sally Shaughnessy from Aten Design Group on the hot seat to field member questions on process optimizations, avoiding budget overruns, hybrid PM roles, and why watergile isn’t as bad as it sounds.
Points of interest
- 6:28 – Introducing Sally
- 9:32 – Tackling budget overruns and writedowns through workflow management
- 10:10 – Sally’s take on watergile
- 16:51 – Hybrid roles: for or against? How does it work at Aten?
- 22:00 – Continuous learning for PMs looking to expand their soft skills
- 23:34 – Monthly releases vs “Agile Law”
- 26:42 – How do you gauge a client’s preference for the project management style? (dogmatic agile versus hybrid methodologies)
- 30:38 – Isn’t watergile just waterfall?
- 33:44 – Can you talk a little bit about your resourcing allocation process?
- 43:32 – Agency culture for non-agencies: what can in-house teams can learn from agency culture (and what should they avoid like the plague!)?
- 48:00 – One Team One Dream
- 50:37 – Employee engagement: what does that look like for your team? How do you create a safe, healthy staff culture?