Planning Your Day, Breaking Down Silos, Managing Haphazard Feedback, And More!
DPM Expert Galen Low fields questions from the community on a variety of topics ranging from personal workflow when managing multiple projects to managing toxic stakeholders.
Points of interest
- 8:30 – What should I do today, and what order? (personal workflow)
- 13:26 – Is there a process for what projects go through? (visualizing the project lifecycle)
- 15:12 – Tips on managing haphazard and contradictory client feedback
- 20:05 – Strategies for remote, cross-functional team huddles that keep people connected and engaged beyond just work stuff
- 26:04 – How can I break down silos and achieve end-to-end team accountability?
- 33:20 – How to best communicate about pushed timelines without making your team look bad?
- 40:58 – Managing toxic clients and sponsors
- 50:09 – When newly hired, how would you handle walking into an in-flight project that’s a bit of a disaster?
- 54:57 – What do you do when BAs and PMs are stepping on each others’ toes in terms of responsibilities?