As Robyn sums up so well in this week’s DPM videocast,
Clients can be really scary.
If you’re looking for ways to manage client relationships with more confidence, this quick video up a few of our top tips for building strong client relationships. We’ve had our fair share of tricky client relationships, and we know firsthand the stress it can cause when your client relationships start going South.
We talk about:
- How to use ice breakers in client conversations
- The key to an authentic and trusting relationship with clients
- The importance of a communication plan
- Managing expectations—how you can avoid over-promising and under-delivering
- What information to share—and not share—with clients
Watch the video and make sure you share it with your project teams so you’re all on the same page in the next client meeting. Tell us what you think below!
This videocast is brought to you by Clarizen, the leader in enterprise projects and project management software.
We’ve produced some useful project management articles and podcasts, and even an online course that can help you improve your client and stakeholder management. Find the links to these resources below:
- Article: How to Start Your Projects Better With Your Clients
- Podcast: How to Build Strong Relationship With Teams & Clients
- Article: How to Run a Great Client Project Kickoff Meeting
- Article: Create a Project Communication Plan (+ Template)
- Online Course: DPM School: Mastering Digital Project Management
- Self-led DPM Workbook: DPM Workbook: Fueling Your DPM Career
Looking For More? Join Us In Membership!
Our mission is to elevate the conversation around digital and digital project management; we launched this video cast as a way of engaging with our DPM community and providing relevant, current insight that helps you tackle your daily challenges as a project manager.
Tell us what you think in the comments, or join our DPM membership program and discuss with other members in our exclusive Slack space!
Want To Become A Confident Digital Project Manager?
Power up your project management skills with relevant, practical, expert-led training. Our online digital project management course provides expert instruction so you can lead happy teams and deliver high-value projects in the digital world.