Si buscas un software de programación de recursos, en esta publicación encontrarás una comparación rápida, simple y fácil de leer sobre las diez herramientas de programación de recursos más importantes en el mercado de 2020.
Compara y Evalúa Rápidamente el Mejor Software de Programación de Recursos
The Digital Project Manager es financiado por sus lectores. Cuando haces clic en los enlaces de nuestro sitio, podríamos ganar una comisión. Más información.
En esta publicación, también ayudaremos a explicar qué es el software de programación de recursos, cómo te ayudará a administrar y asignar y programar mejor tu equipo y recursos, y te brindará un resumen de sus funciones para que puedas comparar y encontrar fácilmente las herramientas de programación de recursos del proyecto y del equipo que mejor se ajustan a ti.
Criterios Comparativos del Software de Gestión de Recursos
Para aparecer en esta lista de software de gestión de recursos, se evaluaron las herramientas en función de los siguientes criterios:
- Interfaz de usuario (UI): ¿qué tan bien diseñada está? ¿Ofrece vistas claras y navegación intuitiva?
- Usabilidad: ¿Es fácil de aprender y dominar? ¿Hay tutoriales y capacitación? ¿La empresa ofrece buena tecnología y soporte al usuario?
- Características y funcionalidad: ¿Cuántas de las características y funciones clave del software de administración de recursos ofrece y qué tan potentes son? Específicamente, busqué:
- Automatización: las funciones de programación automática son una razón importante para usar el software de programación de recursos. Como mínimo, esto significa que tus tareas se ajustarán automáticamente cuando se muevan, según las dependencias que hayas establecido. También puedes incluir flujos de trabajo personalizados con automatización para ayudar a optimizar los procesos repetitivos.
- Programación en tiempo real: las mejores herramientas de recursos brindan visibilidad en tiempo real de las cargas de trabajo y permiten monitorear el progreso, ver la utilización de recursos y hacer ajustes en tiempo real.
- Alertas: un buen programador de recursos permite personalizar el tipo de notificaciones y alertas que recibe cada usuario (correo electrónico, escritorio, etc.), asegurando que las alertas sobre la utilización de recursos y la carga de trabajo mantengan actualizadas a las personas correctas.
- Integraciones: ¿Es fácil conectarse con otras herramientas? ¿Hay integraciones por defecto?
- Relación calidad-precio: ¿Qué tan apropiado es el precio según sus características, capacidades y usos? ¿La fijación de precios es clara, transparente y flexible?
Descripciones Generales de las 12 Mejores Herramientas de Programación de Recursos
Esta reseña cubre en detalle las herramientas de de optimización de la programación de recursos mencionadas anteriormente con detalle, seguidas de una lista de herramientas adicionales de planificación y programación de recursos para que consultar.
1. monday.com – simplistic and engaging design, flexible planning, and clear communication between teams allows for easy and informed decisions around resource planning
monday.com is a flexible platform to help teams communicate in context, get a birds-eye view of outstanding projects, available resources, and projected timelines. monday.com’s simplistic design and straight-forward interface mean teams can get started planning timelines, assigning project ownership, and managing any project in minutes.
monday.com offers various views to represent data, so each team member can work according to his preferences. With workload view, you can easily see who’s able to take on more work and who’s not. Gain insight into your team’s work capacity and make adjustments to timelines or ownership accordingly— no matter where you are. The monday.com app gives you the flexibility and power to run your team on the go. You can organize your daily work, projects, and teams all in one place.
Monday.com has over 40 integrates with apps like Slack, Excel, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar, Jira, GitHub, Trello, Dropbox, Typeform, and others, accessible via Zapier.
monday.com costs from $17/month for two users.
- Color coded status great for resource overviews
- Easily create boards dedicated to operational resource tracking
- New features being rolled out regularly
- Quick learning curve
- Does not have resource forecasting
- Horizontal pipeline views means excessive scrolling
- No single-user plan
2. 10,000ft by Smartsheet – best for matching resources and team members to specific projects
10,000ft, a high-level resource management and scheduling software, helps modern teams make confident decisions about project planning, team capacity, budget forecasting, team utilization, and hiring needs in real time.
Built-in timesheets, mobile time tracking, and expense tracking, enables you to create rich project reports by filtering project data with just a few clicks. Reports can give insight into historical data or offer a forecasted view of team utilization, actual vs. planned time reports, budget tracking, expense reports, and projects in the pipeline.
Over 1,000 of the most innovative companies in the world rely on 10,000ft, from 10-person shops and 100-person teams within global brands to 1,000+ person professional services firms. 10,000ft has been recognized for its design excellence with awards from FastCo, SXSW, IxDA + IDSA.
10,000ft easily integrates with a variety of internal workflows and software suites. Additionally, it provides a flexible API and Zapier integration that can connect with top operational tools for analytics, communications, PM, ERP, and finance.
With a unique project and resource matching feature, 10,000ft helps match team members to the project’s requirements according to different criteria like disciplines, skills, availability, and more.
- Combines time tracking and resourcing
- Able to forecast resource utilization
- Skills database helps resource allocation
- Intuitive for keeping timesheets and assigning hours
- Initial resource set-up takes time
- Could use better data visualization
- Bulk project edits don’t apply to resource field
3. Mavenlink – comprehensive project and resource scheduling software that’s designed to integrate easily with other tools
Mavenlink is a well-rounded tool that bridges the core planning, execution, project accounting, and analysis systems in a single operating environment. It has modules for project management, accounting, resource management, business intelligence, and team collaboration. On top of this, it offers a system of dashboards, live time and expense tracking features, a great documenting system. And all of these best-in-class features are delivered through straightforward and minimalistic design.
Mavenlink ticks off all the boxes when it comes to resource scheduling. Some key features include resource forecasting, real-time utilization, capacity management, skills management, scenario planning, and role-based planning. Mavenlink offers a ton of other tools for managing a business beyond resource scheduling, including built-in BI reports, trend analysis, data visualization, data integration with other systems, project costing, invoicing, and much more.
I could go on and on about Mavenlink’s features because there really are too many to list—it’s a comprehensive suite, that, despite requiring time to truly master, has been recognized as being easy to use and learn. What’s more, the company leverages its professional services expertise as part of their offering, making available their Mavenlink BI Consultants who can build reports specifically for your business. As well, they provide some great training resources that can help mitigate the risks and costs of implementation.
Mavenlink takes a unique approach to integrations. As part of their “API-first strategy”, they’ve built a solution that doesn’t require a third party in order to integrate with any apps. They provide an integration platform (called M-Bridge) that’s designed to simplify integration between Mavenlink and other business apps like CRM, HCM, and financial software. On top of the M-Bridge platform, Mavelink provides several pre-built integrations with these tools: Expensify, G Suite, Xero, Salesforce, Netsuite, Jira, Hubspot, Slack, Concur, Dynamics 365, Qualtrics, Quickbooks, and Sage Intacct.
Mavenlink costs from $19/user/month and offers a 10-day free trial.
- Easy capacity management
- Distinguish between soft and firm allocation
- Good reporting functionality for resource data
- Resourcing fully integrated with master planning
- Can’t organize deliverables at the task level
- No top level administrator with omnipotent access
- Approvals not as flexible as other options
4. Float – powerful scheduling with dedicated integrations, and mobile apps
Float combines resource management and scheduling in a powerful, easy to use software solution. Its robust feature set makes resource scheduling simple – as it should be! Built for agencies, studios, and firms, some of the world’s top teams use Float including Deloitte, Ogilvy, BuzzFeed, and MetaLab. Its intuitive interface and fast scheduling tools make Float a suitable solution for teams big and small.
Scheduling in Float is lightning-fast. You can create and assign projects and tasks to your team within seconds. Making changes is also easy with a right-click menu full of editing shortcuts, and a drag-and-drop interface that makes reassigning and updating tasks a breeze. Even with an enterprise volume of people and projects, Float’s interface can handle it.
The schedule view is your go-to for a high-level overview of your project pipeline and resource capacity. Drill down deeper with a universal search bar, and filter functionality. Get an accurate view of your team’s availability with custom work hours, public holidays, and scheduled time-off. Add custom tags such as location and skillsets to your people and projects, and use the scheduled status feature to let everyone know when you’re working remotely, from home, or offline in a team workshop on any day.
Track your resource utilization, monitor project budgets, and forecast your team’s capacity with real-time reporting. Adding time tracking to your account gives your team access to pre-filled timesheets, so you can compare your estimated hours with the actual time spent on project tasks.
Float’s dedicated integrations mean you can streamline your resource scheduling workflow with other tools, seamlessly. Import your Google or Outlook Calendar events directly onto your schedule. Sync and schedule your projects with Jira, Asana, Teamwork, or Trello. Integrate your schedule with Slack to notify your team of any changes, and opt-in for schedule updates via email or mobile push notifications.
Float offers a free 30 day trial with unlimited access to both resource planning and time tracking features. After that, it’s $6 per scheduled user, per month, or $10 with time tracking, with volume and yearly subscription discounts available.
- Easy-to-use resource editing tools
- Set custom work hours
- Can monitor budgets and forecast capacity
- Easily add contract workers
- Time tracking feature
- Updating staff/personnel list is time consuming
5. Saviom – highly customizable resource scheduling tool offering deep visibility into complex resource data
Saviom is a powerful enterprise resource scheduling software solution. Its resource scheduling system has a high-level Gantt scheduler which will sync your business-wide resource activities to the project schedule. The scheduler lets you flip through multiple resource bookings, generate estimates, and find out which resources are available for your project, drilling down to their skills, location and other parameters. You can also pull unconditional insights off the enterprise schedule and track how your resources are positioned across core and non-core work. You can manage absences and correct resource overlaps and schedule imbalances with Saviom’s leave management portal.
Saviom’s analytics suite provides deep access to complex data, helping you detect and resolve resource crunches, surpluses, project disruptions and delays. You can also predict in-demand skills, resource demands and shifts in the work pipeline with the help of real-time business intelligence dashboards.
Saviom can integrate and sync easily with all your existing calendars, email, MS Project, Excel and other apps. To learn more about pricing you’ll have to get in touch with them, as they offer a customized, tiered pricing model.
- Drag-and-drop resource bookings
- Easily generate resource insights
- Comprehensive depth of resource filters
- Interfaces display a lot of information at once
- Unavailability of some fields in reporting
6. Resource Guru – reliable resourcing tool used by some of the world
Resource Guru is a dedicated resource scheduling software tool. With a great visual calendar style interface, it shows what everyone’s working on and clearly displays availability so you can maximize utilization. The tool allows Project Managers to make bookings simultaneously with no chance of stepping on each other’s toes.
Resource and project clashes are automatically prevented. Bookings can be added to a waiting list and used for capacity planning later. Each staff member gets their own resource dashboard so they can log in and know exactly what they should be working on. And to monitor business performance, powerful reports monitor utilization of your team, and help with capacity planning.
Resource Guru costs from $2.50/user/month.
- Availability bar for capacity planning
- Clash management for unintended overlap
- Pleasant and flexible UI
- Daily resource summary emails
- Very affordable per-user rate
- Unable to sort resources by experience level
- No copy-paste of resource tasks
7. Runn – best resource management tool for capacity forecasting
Runn is a resource, demand, and capacity planning tool with integrated time tracking and powerful forecasting capabilities. The tool’s Planner interface provides you with a bird’s-eye view of all the projects and people in your organization, allowing you to quickly spot overbookings and manage resourcing and scheduling conflicts.
Runn lets you plan out work and phases using drag-and-drop functionality. The app also allows you to collaborate with your co-workers in real-time, making it especially useful for remote teams. Runn offers a number of charts and reports that update as you plan out your work— they provide an overview of capacity and workload, allow you to check resource availability on any given day, or drill into utilization rates to analyse how work is split between billable and non-billable work. All of this data can be filtered by role, team, or tags, (which you can use to identify people’s skills or location) and accessed from the Planner interface.
Runn generates easy to understand financial forecasts and surfaces relevant KPIs across the app, so you can keep tabs on your company, client, and project profitability; project performance; cost overruns; and actual vs planned variance. Runn supports both fixed-price and time and materials pricing methods, as well as custom and blended rate cards.
The app has built-in timesheets so you can better understand how time was spent compared to what was planned. Runn integrates with Harvest, WorkflowMax, and Clockify, so users can import project, client, and people data and sync time entries. Runn also offers a REST API that allows you to build out your own integration and send data to and from your favorite tools.
Runn is free to try for 14 days, no credit card required. Runn has three pricing plans: Free for Startup users (5 or fewer people), $10 per person for Pro users, and custom pricing for Enterprise users.
- Drag-and-drop resource scheduling
- Intuitive utilization reporting and forecasting
- Easily identify overbooked/unavailable employees
- Over-budget predictions
- No offline or mobile time tracking
- Limited number of integrations
8. Hub Planner – beautifully designed online resource scheduling software with stacks of enterprise-level features
Hub Planner is a resource scheduling software with a full suite of scheduling, time entry, and reporting features. The core feature is the simple and usable Scheduler, which allows for project and resource planning and visualization. Users can drag and drop to plan projects and schedule resources. The tool also offers a multi function menu, powerful filtering, and a dynamic team capacity bar. Multiple view modes allow for both high-level birds-eye views and granular views of projects.
Hub Planner has a powerful reporting engine with 70+ pre-formatted templates. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in a template, you can create reports from scratch.
Hub Planner also has a number of inline workflows for timesheets, requesting vacation time, and a slick resource requesting & approval option. Their Unassigned Work feature is great for scheduling and forecasting ahead of the pipeline, and users can create custom fields at the resource or project level. Users can also customize schedule notifications and reminders.
They’ve taken a modular approach so you have the option to add or remove extensions to the base product, allowing teams to increase functionality or turn off bits they don’t need. Inline integrations with Basecamp, Slack, iCal, REst API, and Zapier are available.
Hub Planner offers a pretty extensive 60 day free trial with everything included. There is an extensive knowledge base with tutorial videos, and their customer support is excellent.
Licenses begin at $7 per month, per resource with annual discounts available.
- Planning data can be filtered by project, resource, or group
- Easily track several projects and generate reports
- Good overview of staff task/time allocations
- Poor visibility in the planning section (can’t see full titles, etc.)
- Difficult to edit people’s allocated projects
- Inability to expand on task bubbles to see more info
9. eResource Scheduler – flexible and comprehensive resource management for organizations of any size, including Fortune 500's
eResource Scheduler offers both Cloud and On-Premise versions with configurability & ease of use at core of its design. It’s been used by organizations of all sizes since 2011.
This resource scheduling tool’s features include a dashboard that highlights important information on single screen, along with multiple types of user-defined fields that allow capturing complete information (roles, skills, qualifications, certificates, team, office, etc.) about your projects.
The resource scheduling chart offers resources, projects and role views, and users can create their own scheduling views on the fly. Filters identify qualified resources as per project requirements. Meanwhile, features like drag and drop, availability and overload indicator, extend-shorten, precise split, copy-paste make scheduling efficient and quick. They also offer the option to schedule at both project and task levels. You’ll find multiple calendars with different timings, holidays, exceptions, and personal leaves (visible on scheduling chart) to ensure correct resource capacity for different types of employees (Full, Part-Time, Casual, etc.) Their reports show real-time utilization at different levels and their reporting offers several different views/filters which make the reports informative and useful.
To integrate their tool with your other business tools, you can use their Open REST API, and you can also take advantage of easy imports/exports.
And finally, their timesheets feature and financial module (complete with cost and billing rates and a forecasting report) make eResource Scheduler complete resource management package. eResource Scheduler costs $5/resource/month and provides annual billing discounts (14-day free trial).
- Resource notification emails
- Ease of use and functionality
- Change control records for resource data
- Robust resource dashboard
- No invoicing module
- Convoluted pricing structure
10. TeamGantt – easy-to-use online Gantt chart software with a simple read-only sharing link for quick collaboration and update opportunities
Used by Amazon and Netflix, TeamGantt is a project management tool with resource management functions like time- and budget tracking in the availability tab. TeamGantt specializes in task planning tools and charts but they also track workloads and team availability, collaboration features like chat and tagging, and customizable alerts.
One con with TeamGantt is that dashboards’ views sometimes lag behind real-time changes to resource tracking. Resource-complex projects may lag a bit due to the fact of TeamGantt being an in-browser, cloud-based application.
TeamGantt scores well in the Usability segment of the evaluation criteria, as it is incredibly flexible to use. The tool is accommodating to however you may want to set up and track your projects, no matter their resource structure or constraints. Additionally, providing an easy “read-only” URL makes it great for sharing with outside parties for input.
TeamGantt costs from $24.95/month and has a freemium version of the software for up to 3 users.
- Flexible setup/tracking for projects
- Share charts without receiver logging in
- Easy drag-and-drop task duration
- Quick learning curve
- Dependency data is awkward at times
- Lack of in-app notifications
- Views can lag behind changes
Tabla Comparativa del Mejor Software de Programación de Recursos
A continuación, hemos preparado una tabla fácil de leer, resumiendo cuidadosamente información básica sobre las mejores herramientas de recursos descritas en este artículo. Realmente no hay un software de programación mejor que el resto, sólo debes elegir la herramienta adecuada para ti. Una herramienta de programación de proyectos simple y sencilla puede ser perfecta para una agencia pequeña, mientras que el software de programación para pequeñas empresas con 100 empleados remotos necesita una solución empresarial con muchas más funciones. En la tabla continuación, hemos reunido algunas de las características clave que te ayudarán al momento de tomar una decisión, incluida la duración de la prueba gratis, el precio por usuario.
Otras Herramientas de Programación de recursos:
A continuación hay una lista de herramientas adicionales para la programación de recursos que no analizamos en la lista anterior:
¿Necesitas Ayuda Para Reducir las Opciones?
Esta herramienta es bastante útil. Nos hemos asociado con Crozdesk para brindarte acceso a su «Buscador de software».
Si ingresas algunos de los detalles sobre tu proyecto y las funciones que buscas en una herramienta de administración de proyectos, generará una lista de herramientas que coinciden con tus preferencias. Sólo debes proporcionar tu correo electrónico y te enviarán una bonita guía en PDF con un resumen de las mejores coincidencias.
¿Qué más hay en cuanto a las herramientas de gestión de proyectos y el software de programación de recursos? Nos encantaría saber si tienes alguna sugerencia, consejo o idea sobre el uso de este tipo de software. ¿Por qué no las compartes en los comentarios?